We’re looking for the best photos taken in the gardens and grounds in 2019, including the outside of the castle. We want to allow tours to flow as normal, therefore won’t be accepting photos of inside the castle.
- Entry is free, and open from the 13th April 2019. Final entries must be submitted by midnight on the 27th October 2019.
- Entries will be judged by a panel. Winners will be contacted directly and announced on our website and social media pages on the 3rd November 2019.
- If any prize winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner up.
- Prizes: Exclusive private tour of the castle, Hampton Court Afternoon Tea for 2 people, bottle of sparkling wine, local produce hamper.
- The best images will feature on our website & social media pages.
- Photographs must be original and your own, and by entering you confirm this.
- Please indicate whether you are a professional or amateur photographer- by entering the amateur category you confirm you are not paid for this profession.
- One person can enter a maximum of 3 images. If more entries are submitted only the first 3 will be considered.
- Staff at Hampton Court Castle and judges of the competition are not eligible to enter.
- Entries can be made via our website.
- Light editing of images is allowed, but not composite images or superimposing of one image onto another. The judging team reserves the right to exclude images that appear to have been heavily manipulated.
- Please note that photographs entered may appear on the Hampton Court Castle website for marketing purposes, in advertising and the press. By entering the competition, you give Hampton Court Castle the right to publish and exhibit your photograph entries (images may be changed/cropped as appropriate) on their website, in print, and in any other media.
- Entrants under the age of 16 are required to gain permission from a parent/guardian. Please indicate your/your child’s age when applying (this is also so we can keep in mind age relative ability when judging).
- Please be considerate if taking photos of other people in the grounds, and wherever possible gain permission from them to use them in your photos, especially if children are photographed. You must have obtained permission of any people featured in your photographs, or their parents/guardians if children under 18 are featured.
- Hampton Court Castle will not use any personal information you provide for any purpose other than for this competition.
- Absolutely no drones are allowed on Hampton Court Castle grounds for health & safety and insurance reasons. The police will be contacted immediately if any are seen on site.
- The latest competition details, including any changes, will be published on this page, as well as on our Facebook page.
By entering you agree to the conditions above. Hampton Court Castle reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time, including if they believe the entrant has breached any of the conditions, and also to cancel this competition or alter the terms at any stage.